Friday, July 19, 2013

My Introduction

Hello, everyone!
My name's Grace and this is my blog about being an Army girlfriend. I may be an Army girlfriend but I'm here to support MilSOs (military significant others) of every branch! He is currently in basic training  at Fort Benning, set to graduate in just a few weeks. He and I met last summer at my grandmother's funeral last summer but both of us were dating other people at the time. We met in July and started dating in October. I never thought I'd picture myself living the military life but I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world. This certainly isn't the prince charming lifestyle that every girl dreams of but its worth everything. Just a few minutes together are worth weeks and even months apart. Seeing each other after a long separation is like having your second first kiss.

While he has been at basic training, he's promised to write me a letter for every day. Currently, I have dozens of letters sitting in a box beside my bed and I love every single one of them. Upon graduating from Fort Benning, he will be going to Fort Gordon, Georgia for a 25 week AIT. His MOS is radio signaling. While he is in his training to become a soldier, I will be starting college this fall with the goal of becoming a psychologist.

Our journey together will be far from easy but in the end, it will most definitely be worth it. Until next time MilSOs, stay strong and remember that you're one day closer!

No comments:

Post a Comment